I’m a literary scout, staff writer at Rookie, and NYC-based writer.
Here are some things I have written:
- Help your self-help
- Let’s be friends
- Literally the best thing ever: The Eternity puzzle
- Hero Status: Marina Abramovic and Ulay
- Six ways to get noticed by a celebrity on Instagram
- Move over, cronuts: Predicting Australia’s next food trend
- The four comedians you’ll meet on Twitter
- Tavi Gevinson came to Australia, is now preferred Prime Minister
- Who else is ridiculously excited about the upcoming Flowers in the Attic remake?
A sampling of cultural criticism, personal essays, etc.:
- An open letter to all my male friends (Guardian)
- An annotated list of my open tabs (The Toast)
- All good things are wild and free: Considering the zoo (Meanjin)
- Why well-rounded Asian-American characters matter (Salon)
- You know who you look like? (Kill Your Darlings)
- A review of Alissa Nutting’s Tampa (The Age)
- On child abuse in literature (Wheeler Centre)
- A review of The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis (Australian Literary Review / Wheeler Centre)
- Fantasising revenge (Overland)
- Spotify’s playlist generator doesn’t know me at all (Deadspin)
- LA women (LA Review of Books)
- I buy way too many lipsticks and must figure out how to wear them (xoJane)
- Veruca Salt Q & A (Village Voice)
Print clients include Frankie, Yen Magazine, the triple j annual, The Lifted Brow and Australian Book Review.
I run #pitchbitch.
Ronnie Scott and I have a food Tumblr called Flavour Palace.
I am a bibliotherapist at The School of Life.
I’m a program advisor at the Melbourne Writers Festival.
My long-lived but fairly fallow book blog is 3000 BOOKS.
Follow me @waouwwaouw (Twitter) or @waouwwaouw (Instagram).
Do you want to call me? estelle dot tang at gmail dot com