I’m a staff writer at Rookie, and a freelance writer and editor.
Here are some things I have written:
- 'I buy way too many lipsticks and must figure out how to wear them.'
- 'I'm turning 30, so I'm going fantasy dress shopping. Come with me.'
- ‘Move over, cronuts: Predicting Australia’s next food trend'
- ‘The four comedians you’ll meet on Twitter'
- 'Tavi Gevinson came to Australia, is now preferred Prime Minister'
- 'Who else is ridiculously excited about the upcoming Flowers in the Attic remake?’
A sampling of literary criticism and essays:
- ‘All good things are wild and free: Considering the zoo' (Meanjin)
- ‘Why well-rounded Asian-American characters matter' (Salon)
- 'You know who you look like?' (Kill Your Darlings)
- A review of Alissa Nutting’s Tampa (The Age)
- On child abuse in literature (Wheeler Centre)
- A review of The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis (Australian Literary Review / Wheeler Centre)
- ‘Fantasising revenge' (Overland)
Print clients include Frankie, Yen Magazine, the triple j annual, The Lifted Brow and Australian Book Review.
Ronnie Scott and I have a food Tumblr called Flavour Palace.
I am a bibliotherapist at The School of Life.
I’m a program advisor at the Melbourne Writers Festival.
My long-lived but fairly fallow book blog is 3000 BOOKS.
Follow me @waouwwaouw (Twitter) or @waouwwaouw (Instagram).
Do you want to call me? estelle dot tang at gmail dot com